This Perimeter and Area of an Obtuse Triangle assessment also includes:
Make a coordinated effort to draw an altitude. Using an obtuse triangle plotted on a coordinate plane, scholars determine the perimeter and area of the triangle. after determining the lengths of the sides using the coordinates, learners also must create an altitude and find its length.
- Lead a discussion on determining the altitude that works the best mathematically
- Challenge individuals to find a different way to find the area
- Class members need to know how to find the distance between two points
- Contains questions for the teacher to ask to gain further understanding of the learners' thinking
- The triangle is positioned on the coordinate plane, making it easier to find the altitude