This People's Pie activity & project also includes:
Young economists design fiscal policy and gain a greater understanding of balancing the needs and wants of the general public. Using an online interactive game, they will practice setting tax levels and retirement age, funding government agencies like Social Security and national defense, all while working to maintain citizen satisfaction.
- Consider designing a graphic organizer for learners to complete while playing the game, taking note of each government agency, types of funding, and affect on federal debt
- Learners should keep in mind that is a fairly simple approach to the complex structure of fiscal policy
- Foundational knowledge of such concepts as interest rate and government agencies is important for this game
- Engaging game with a variety of interactive options at each step
- Detailed instructions provided