Ever come across an unfamiliar word while reading and can't decipher its meaning? Use a printable form that tracks and helps bring meaning to unknown words as learners read a given text. The printable comes with a set of three forms, each with a place to write the word, its definition, a synonym, and a sentence using the word.
- Have pupils keep the form in the page of the book that the word occurs, or have them write the page number on their form
- Use in independent reading centers
- Requires dictionaries
- Make modifications as necessary for all levels of learners
- Great to use with most grade levels as they read a chapter book or any type of text
- Reinforces dictionary skills