This Ocean and Great Lakes Literacy: Principle 5 lesson plan also includes:
Great food web instruction is in the cards for your class. Inquisitive biology scholars explore the organisms that inhabit freshwater and saltwater in the fifth lesson in a series of seven. Learners play two different card games where they strive to create a working food web from the hand they're dealt, or they experience the setbacks often seen in the coral reefs around the world.
- Add one or both of the games to your marine ecosystems unit
- Challenge the class to think of other possible setbacks that could affect the inhabitants of a coral reef when playing the game in the second activity
- Pupils should be able to identify producers and consumers of different levels before playing both learning games
- Teacher guide includes rubrics, printables, and pacing guides
- Critter Cards for the first activity contain detailed information about each animal, allowing students to create their own food webs