This Observing the Universe lesson plan also includes:
Galileo is often credited as the inventor of telescopes, but he was just the first to use one to study the night sky. The last installment in a series of five about the Big Bang Theory looks at how scientists explore our universe. Groups first learn about the electromagnetic spectrum and then explore different types of telescopes and the information they provide.
- Place pupils in groups of three to four, giving each group a computer
- Appropriate for upper-level middle school learners as well
- Depending upon class level and available class time, duration could be one to three class periods
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website.It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Sidebar provides additional student activities and useful links