This Observing and Recording Plant Life Cycles lesson plan also includes:
Scholars review the life cycle of plants with a presentation then complete a graphic organizer. A time-lapse video hooks learners as they set up their observation journals. Pupils plant a seed and officially begin their experiment. Participants examine their plant daily, measure it, take notes, and draw pictures. A paragraph details the life cycle of a plant.
- Display the life cycle of a plant on a bulletin board—including pictures and labels—keep observation journals nearby for visitors to browse when able
- Transfer plants to an outside garden when observations are complete
- If you have leftover seeds, pass them out to class members that want to plant something at home
- Preparation requires copies of worksheets and gathering materials for the experiment as well as for journaling
- The lesson follows the same routine each day while participants observe a plant
- Learners make observations using words and pictures