How long does it take for an atom to decay? Scholars learn about radioactive decay and half-lives as part of the Chemistry PowerPoints series. They develop an understanding of the roles of electrons and neutrons in the different types of radioactive decay. Then, they solve a half-life problem for fluorine as an example.
- Have small groups create their own half-life practice problems, then switch with another small group to solve
- Support the presentation with a video that relates content to real-life applications
- Chapters/pages make reference to the textbook Holt Modern Chemistry © 2002 Texas Edition
- Presentations are meant to use together or as standalones
- Includes practice problems to ensure understanding
- Provides diagrams and examples to support content