This NFL Football Unit Rate as Slope Direct Variation lesson plan also includes:
The last-second touchdown, an exciting Hail Mary—who wins the big game? NFL dreams are alive and well on football fields across the country. A fact-filled lesson provides data about the number of high school players that play in college and the number of collegiate players that make it to the NFL. Scholars use the data to find unit rates and then use unit rates in calculations. How many actually make their dreams come true?
- Incorporate as a performance task to assess understanding of rate of change
- Requires previous experience with proportional relationships
- Helps to have an understanding of football and quarterback statistics
- Includes both an opening and closing activity
- Provides a detailed teaching guide to help prepare the lesson