This Negative Attitudes lesson plan also includes:
A study in the United Kingdom found that approximately 60 percent of workers had heard the term gay used as an insult in the professional workplace. Scholars consider discrimination, negative attitudes, tolerance, and stereotypes in the fifth lesson of a 12-part series. They participate in activities to highlight their own biases before discussing many social issues surrounding these attitudes.
- Remind all pupils to treat others with respect throughout the conversation and that bullying will not be tolerated
- Include physical, mental, and hidden disabilities in discussions
- Work with the school counselor to consider any possible student sensitivities and follow all guidelines for protecting personal information
- Site is based out of Great Britain and may include content applicable only to GB
- Applies the concepts to many different types of judgments, i.e. gender, age, ability, religion, race, etc.
- Encourages empathy with all people to develop understanding