Start the narrative writing process with this Problem Helper worksheet. Pupils jot down information about their tale's topic, setting, problem, and conclusion so that when it comes time to begin writing their rough draft, they've already thought through the story's most important details.
- After the worksheet is complete, have class members share their responses with peers and discuss their thoughts, opinions, and constructive criticism
- Read a narrative aloud, dissect its elements, and fill in the graphic organizer with the information gained
- Write a whole class narrative; take suggestions from learners and fill in the story's elements with agreed upon ideas
- Copies must be made prior to conducting the lesson
- Class members should be familiar with the writing terms, topic, setting, problem, and conclusion
- The graphic organizer details the problem as it evolves through the beginning, middle, and end of the story
- Sections are outlined with a border to reinforce the idea that each one element is a separate and important part of the story