As part of a unit study of To Kill a Mockingbird, class members relate their own stories of experiences that gave them insight into themselves and that inspired them to grow as a person.
4 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Provide class members with model narrative essays, perhaps one of your own
- Writers should have experience crafting personal narratives and familiarity with the writing process
- Designed as a companion to a reading of To Kill A Mockingbird
- The assignment draws readers' attention to the idea that To Kill a Mockingbird is an example of a bildungsroman
- While a checklist of what should be included in the essay is provided, no rubric accompanies the assignment sheet