What does the life and career of a military genius look like? Introduce your young historians to Napoleon Bonaparte with this brief and engaging video, which mentions such topics as Napoleon's campaign in Egypt and military coup in France, his consulship and push for social reforms, the Napoleonic Code, and finally his exile to the island of Elba and victory at the battle of Waterloo.
- Have learners research the work of Alexander the Great, whom the video mentions was a model for Napoleon's endeavors, and compare and contrast the accomplishments of the two military leaders
- Please note that this is only a brief overview that should serve as an introduction or summary, rather than a stand-alone lesson on Napoleon's career
- Queue video to skip third-party advertisement
- Includes several illustrations from the historical period
- Provides excerpts of interviews with historians describing Napoleon's legacy