This Naming Complexes—Metals interactive also includes:
Which of your students will solve these puzzles the fastest? Learners associate the symbol, name, and nomenclature of many metals using an interactive. Printables in the teacher's guide allow you to print the puzzles for offline use.
3 Views 3 Downloads
- The activity works well in a lesson about the chemistry of metals or as part of a nomenclature unit
- Add information about the Stock system of nomenclature to show learners both naming conventions
- Pass out periodic tables to help pupils see the placement of each metal on the table
- Resource includes a wide variety of metals that are commonly found in undergraduate chemistry problems
- The puzzle approach to learning is fresh and fun