This Music and Sound: DJ Mixer lesson plan also includes:
Dream about being a DJ? Now's your chance. Future musicians and computer scientists use the Scratch block-based coding language to program a slider that changes the speed of music. To mix things up, they apply keypress events and variables in their programs.
- Ask a musician or DJ to give a talk about their professions
- Experience with events, control flow, and conditionals in the Scratch coding language is necessary
- The resource is the fifth of eight installments in the CS First Music and Sound series
- Provides printable handouts and materials
- Video tutorials describe the coding process