This Muscle Math lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here's an activity that combines both science and math concepts. Class members find their heart rate before and after completing several different levels of physical activities and create a line graph with their data. They also determine their flexibility and make a frequency table and a histogram of the class results.
- To clarify expectations, prepare and project complete models of the various types of graphs
- Presumes class members have prior knowledge of the types of muscle tissues
- Learners should also be familiar with double line graphs, frequency tables, and histograms
- Templates for the various graphs are included in the three-page packet