Need to get your class' undivided attention in learning the stages of mitosis? Try a video from an interesting biology playlist. Scholars examine the inner workings of a cell as it works through each phase. Skillful narration points out key events in each stage, as well as the organelles that assist in the process.
- Assign the video as homework before working with the stages in class
- Pause the video at key moments to allow pupils to draw each stage of mitosis
- Viewers need to be aware of the purpose of mitosis to appreciate the resource
- Animated diagrams show only the necessary detail to allow learners to focus on the important parts of each stage
- The narrator provides gentle reminders of key mitosis facts as they stages play out