What would Antarctica look like if you sliced it in half? Work with an informational diagram during an activity about the landforms and sea level of the continent of Antarctica. Kids answer five questions based on a diagram and graph of Antarctica, and describe its shape.
- Have kids work in small groups to answer the questions about the diagram
- Include in a test or quiz in which you are assessing how kids read diagrams and interpret informational text
- Incorporate into a unit about Antarctica and geographical features
- Kids will need to use separate pieces of paper to record their answers
- A good cross-curricular activity for social studies and language arts