This Midpoints of Sides of a Quadrilateral assessment also includes:
Verify a figure by using coordinates. Pupils calculate the coordinates of the midpoints of the sides of a quadrilateral. They then use the coordinates to show the resulting figure is a parallelogram.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Review the conditions necessary to show a quadrilateral is a parallelogram
- Individuals should be comfortable finding the midpoint of a line using coordinates
- Classmates need to know how to show lines are parallel on the coordinate plane
- Includes descriptions of misconceptions at different levels of understanding
- Provides questions to ask class members based on their understanding