This Microbiology: Bacteria in Our Environment lesson plan also includes:
Did you hear the joke about bacteria? Never mind, I don't want to spread it around. The lesson begins with pupils making a representation of chromosomal material modeling the bacterial cell. Then, they use swabs to test for bacteria around the classroom. The petri dishes incubate for a week while scholars record colony growth.
- Create a data table to show the amount of bacteria by location
- Prepare the petri dishes and incubation box at least one day in advance
- Requires a working refrigerator to place the incubation box on top of
- This is the fifth lesson in a series of 10 related resources
- Provides related career information to further interest pupils
- Includes high quality resource links