This Merry Maple Leaf lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Celebrate the beautiful colors of fall with this fun series of activities. After a nature walk to observe all the different colors and types of leaves, pupils head back into the classroom to complete a short poem and paint the included leaf template in order to create a class book.
- Challenge older children to discover new words for describing common colors
- Also, have older children create an original second stanza to the included poem following the same ryhme scheme
- If time doesn't allow for a nature walk, collect leaves of different colors and shapes for students to compare and contrast at the beginning of the lesson
- Lesson includes a clear series of step-by-step procedures
- An extension activity is suggested for making cross-curricular connections with math