This MedMyst Mission 2: Peril in Prokaryon interactive also includes:
An outbreak of illness hits a refugee camp and the local population worries about the spread of the deadly disease. Scholars virtually travel to the area to determine what causes the disease and how it is spread. Next, they must put measures in place to prevent a larger outbreak before the conflict between populations escalates. The second mission in a seven part series requires applying knowledge in order to save virtual lives.
- Connect the refugee debate to current debates about immigration camps and the conditions in temporary cities
- Requires Adobe Flash on a computer for each student
- Relies heavily on knowledge from the previous mission in the series
- Intuitive controls allow players to work independently
- Simulates a situation happening all over the world
- Engaging game holds players attention