This Median Concurrence Proof assessment also includes:
Develop a proof to show what appears to be true in a drawing actually is true. The assessment asks pupils to draw the three medians of a triangle. Learners develop a proof showing that the point of intersection in their drawing is actually shared by all three medians.
- Group individuals that used a similar approach and have them work together to solidify a proof
- The class should be comfortable using similar triangles in proofs
- Class members need to know how to find a median
- The key shows two different proofs
- Figure contains the midpoints