This Mass Transit Living Lab: Establish the Design Criteria activity & project also includes:
You can only claim success if you know what success looks like. Future engineers explore the mass transit system in the west corridor of a city as they work through the second installment of five in the Mass Transit Living Lab unit. They identify the criteria that would successfully meet the needs of the community—because it all starts with the design!
- Have your students research mass transit systems in their local areas
- Pupils should have familiarity with the topic from the associated lesson
- Each group of three learners needs a computer or Internet-connected device
- Provides a worksheet for the activity
- Includes some tips for instructors