Lobsters never stop growing and one lived to be almost four feet long. The Shape of Life series focuses on the body plan of lobsters including their growth patterns. It discusses the legs, appendages, and body segments as they appear currently and as they have evolved into other forms. Pupils gain an appreciation for the marine arthropod.
- Compare the functionality of a hand versus a claw
- Create a 3D model of the jointed legs of a lobster including the muscles, tendons, and joint
- Relies on prior understanding of the difference between muscles and tendons
- Requires very little class time
- Designed to meet Next Generation Science Standards