This Making a Climograph lesson plan also includes:
While weather and climate are indeed different, they are both quite important. Lead your class as they investigate temperatures and precipitation rates for a one-year period so they may compare these to a 30-year climograph with the goal of interpreting the general climate in their local environment. Pupils learn how to properly construct, read, and analyze climographs so they fully understand the difference between climate and weather.
- Have pupils determine the climograph of another global location different from that of their own
- Assumes the class is already familiar with calculating means and sums
- Learners should be capable of building graphs, charts, and tables
- Includes two worksheets and a reading passage to help individuals understand concepts as well as vocabulary terms
- Allows for expansion of material and provides room for differentiated learning