This Literature Circle Activity lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Interested in trying literature circles but concerned about accountability? Check out this resource. The class is divided into discussion groups, members are assigned specific roles, and provided with a worksheet that describes their responsibilities and provides space for notes. Although designed for To Kill a Mockingbird, the format could be used for the discussion of any text.
- The approach may be used with any kind of text
- The activity presumes class members have worked in cooperative, collaborative groups and are familiar with the protocols
- The eight-page packet includes a rationale for the activity, the lesson plan, templates for worksheets, and assessment suggestions
- No model questions are included