This Listing All Possible Causal Relationships assessment also includes:
Does A cause B, or does B causes A? Pupils analyze the possible causal relationships between two variables with a high correlation coefficient. The scholars describe the three possible relationships and determine whether the correlation can determine causality.
- Research variables that have a strong correlation but that do not have a causal relationahip, such as ice cream sales and temperature
- Conduct a short discussion on the meanings of correlation coefficients
- The class should understand the terms causation and correlation
- Provides descriptions of work anticipated from learners at different levels of understanding
- Contains suggested teacher questions to ask to gain more information