This Lifting People Up lesson plan also includes:
Flint Lockwood, the protagonist from the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, thinks he's a weirdo who can't do anything right. Scholars watch a clip from the movie and use it to discuss how to positively influence others. After the discussion, they answer reflection questions about perseverance and resilience.
- Have small groups discuss the following question: What is a positive feedback loop?
- Ask individuals to keep a list of ways to re-frame their own negative thoughts
- Requires registering for a free account
- First of four Responding with Kindness lessons
- Includes links to outside resources
- Provides useful tips for instructing diverse students