This Life-Cycle Thinking and Personal Carbon Footprint lesson plan also includes:
A comprehensive activity on product life cycle, energy consumption, and personal carbon footprint is described in this resource. Lead high school environmental science buffs through the complex process of product production and discussions on the environmental impact of the process and our government's policies. By following a series of 18 questions with an online calculator, individuals calculate their own personal carbon footprint. Data is gathered into a class spreadsheet and analyzed.
- A plethora of additional resources can be reached via links within the lesson
- Gets learners involved by having them calculate their own carbon footprint values
- Worksheets and a concluding quiz are provided
- Hands-on activity makes an effective anticipatory set
- Designed to meet Next Generation Science Standards