This Graphing Quadratic Equations lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Build an understanding of vertex form and its relationship to the graph of a quadratic function. Through graphing, scholars learn the horizontal translations, vertical translations, and reflections results of manipulating a function. Once this is established, they connect the transformations to the vertex form created by completing the square.
- Begin with a review of completing the square to facilitate the connections made throughout the lesson
- Classes need graph paper and a graphing calculator to complete the activity
- Learners should be able to complete the square prior to the activity
- Uses student predictions to involve and motivate individuals throughout the lesson
- Connecting new concepts to background knowledge improves learning and retention