This Lesson 12: Select Poems For Words In Motion! Dances And Begin Choreography lesson plan also includes:
Scholars gather in small groups to share their final drafts of free-verse poems. Peers reflect on their reading with a grand discussion that focuses on prosody. Poetry groups choose one poem to choreograph using motion that reflects a powerful word or phrase and performs it for the class.
- Record dances and play them back for the class to watch and provide positive feedback
- Showcase final drafts on a poetry-themed bulletin board
- Invite learners to read their final drafts to the class versus a small poetry group
- The twelfth lesson in a series 16 from a poetry-themed unit
- Lesson nicely incorporates the unit's past concepts
- Clickable links send users quickly to specific parts or resources