This Learn Arabic - WordPower app also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Support your language learners with images, translations, sample sentences, and audio clips as they master thousands of new words. Pupils can follow the courses or study words by category as they work toward fluency and a strong vocabulary.
Learn Arabic - WordPower is made up of about 2,000 Arabic words and phrases that are organized into courses and categories. Select either a course or category, swipe through the words, and practice with flashcards to master the material.
- Start out with a brief tutorial by tapping the About icon in the toolbar along the bottom of the screen
- Make your way through the 11 courses, which include a top 100 list and ten levels that increase in difficulty
- Learn words through the 13 different categories
- View each word by swiping across the screen or tapping words in the list
- Read each word in English and Arabic
- Listen to an audio recording of each word spoken by a native speaker
- Check out the images included for each word; tap to enlarge any image and repeat the word
- Read and listen to example sentences
- Compare your pronunciation to the audio clips by recording your voice
- Use the customizable flashcards to review; select the gear to change flashcard options
- Keep an eye on your progress with the colored bar next to each course and category and the colored dot next to each word
- Tap the star to add words to your word bank
- Search for any word within the app with the magnifying glass
- Change settings in the gear menu
- Receive a word of the day
- Read some basic information about the Arabic writing system and Arabic grammar
- Create a free account and link to ArabicPod101.com for free audio lessons
Only have access to one tablet? Go through the courses as a class. The flashcards activity is the only built-in way to practice, and it is an independent activity; however, the courses still include useful content, images, and voice recordings.
Assign the Learn Arabic - WordPower courses alongside your own curriculum. Pupils can work through the word lists at home and practice their new knowledge, and more, in class.
Learn Arabic - WordPower will ask you to sign up for a free account with ArabicPod101.com. The account provides additional lessons and resources, but is not necessary for the courses. Paid accounts, which come with even more materials, are also available. If you don't sign up, the app will remind you to do so each time you open it.
- Each word is accompanied by a translation into English, an audio recording, and an image; many word pages also include sample sentences
- Since the content is part of courses, it is safe and appropriate for the classroom
- The only way to practice is to flip through the words and then practice them using flashcards; you can customize what shows up on the flashcards to change up the routine
- Since the information about grammar and the Arabic writing system is very basic, learners will need to either already have a feel for writing and reading in Arabic, or find information on these topics elsewhere