This Justify the Process 1 assessment also includes:
Take solving an equation step by step. The worksheet provides the steps to solve a multi-step linear equation. Pupils give the justification for each step of the solving process. The expectation is that learners use the proper terminology of the definition, property, or theorem in their justifications.
- Provide struggling learners with a list of the properties of equality used when solving equations
- Ask class members if there is a different way they could solve equation
- The class should know how to solve equations
- Provides descriptions of different levels of understanding
- Contains instructional suggestions for pupils at varying levels