This Jean-Jacques Rousseau handout & reference also includes:
Rousseau's ideas about natural and general rule, representative and direct democracy, and the role of government are the focus of this informational packet that also looks at how these ideas influenced the American form of government.
173 Views 126 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- While the simplified explanations are appropriate for younger kids, ask older learners to investigate Rousseau and his ideas in greater depth
- The seventh in a series of 16 related resources that provide information about philosopers and philosophic ideas that influenced the form of American government
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The packet includes a brief overview of Rousseau's ideas, worksheets, games, and a writing prompt
- The explanations lack the depth to engage higher level learners