From introducing the concept of checks and balances in government and his work on the Federalist Papers to the construction of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, James Madison's influence on the establishment of the United States government was and continues to be profound. Demonstrate the ways that James Madison's ideas affect modern-day government with a short biographical video.
- Have learners chronicle Madison's work on a timeline using this resource and other primary/secondary source references
- Discuss the alternative to the Virginia Plan, which Madison introduced to the assembly at the Constitutional Convention, as well as what was finally chosen by the founding fathers
- Cue video to skip third-party advertisement
- Includes several primary source images to illustrate historical content
- Provides nice overview of the major highlights from Madison's political career