How does ionizing radiation affect living cells? Learners explore the types of radiation using diagrams in a presentation that is part of the Chemistry PowerPoints series. They learn how alpha particles, beta particles, and gamma rays pass through materials. Then, individuals identify the parts of each radiation type.
- Have small groups create the textual explanations for each of the diagrams, then present them to the class
- Use to initiate discussion among learners about the types of radiation and their uses and effects on everyday life
- Great as a standalone presentation or together with the series
- Contains colorful, informative diagrams and images
- Image allows discussion about real-world applications
- Contains little textual information