This Iodine Investigations activity & project also includes:
Chemistry and biology make great partners. Individuals explore the chemistry of the digestive system as they experiment with starches and acids. They first use iodine to identify foods with starches and then discover how citric acid affects starch.
- Post the video as an alternative for absent and/or remote learning pupils
- Collect and prepare materials prior to the investigation
- Emphasize safety protocols for working with chemicals
- Connects chemical reactions to digestive processes
- Video offers teaching support