This Interior Angles of a Polygon assessment also includes:
The sum of angles of a polygon—what do triangles have to do with it? Given the formula for the sum of the measures of the interior angles of a convex polygon, pupils explain why it finds the sum. Learners may use a diagram to help with their explanations.
- Provide several opportunities for class members to draw diagonals from one vertex of different polygons to determine the number of triangles formed
- The class should be familiar with the formula to find the sum of the interior angles of a polygon
- Individuals should understand the difference between concave and convex polygons
- Contains descriptions of misconceptions at different levels of understanding
- Includes examples of pupils' work