This Inside the Box assessment also includes:
Take a look at a prism after slicing and dicing it. Given a rectangular prism with all three dimensions, pupils draw the horizontal and vertical cross-sections and provide their dimensions. They also determine the dimensions of a diagonal cross-section of the same rectangular prism.
- Give the class the cross-sections and see if they can determine the size and shape of the 3-D figure
- Individuals should be able to use the Pythagorean Theorem in three dimensions
- Class members should know the difference between horizontal and vertical
- Contains questions to ask learners to find out more about their understanding
- Includes examples of class work