Ready, set, action! Scholars program different actions, such as sliding down a rail, avoiding obstacles in a living room, and scoring a goal in ice hockey for a character from a movie. By doing so, they learn how variables, sequences, loops, and conditionals apply to computer science.
- Show clips from the movie Inside Out to set the stage for the activity
- Knowledge of Blockly programming is a plus
- Requires familiarity with angles and angle measures
- Part of a series that features coding projects
- Provides different levels of difficulty to challenge all learners
- Connection to an animated movie may interest younger pupils