This In Search of Essential Nutrients (Grades 6-8) lesson plan also includes:
Critical thinking skills and discussion lead to an understanding of which nutrients are essential for both humans and plants. The first installment of the five-part series explains why nutrients must be in a specific form in order to use them in organic farming.
- Compare the nutrients in various sources of plant food and discuss their differences
- Relies on overhead transparencies
- Assumes prior knowledge of the periodic table and elements required to live
- Provides links to many related resources including websites, books, and science kits
- Offers teacher tips throughout the lesson to assist with implementation