This Igneous Rocks: Completing the 3D Picture activity & project also includes:
Finally, an easy-to-make volcano model: no baking soda and vinegar required! Junior geologists construct a volcano in 3-D, then use it to answer questions about the processes and timescale of igneous rock formation. The activity includes support materials and suggestions for implementation.
- Add color to the activity to help learners differentiate between structures in the system
- Use the model as a remediation tool or to enhance the class's understanding of how igneous rocks form
- Learners should be familiar with igneous rocks and the processes that create them before beginning the activity
- Make sure you have enough glue and scissors for each individual
- Resource includes printable materials and an answer key
- Instructions are easy to follow, making the activity a great choice for a substitute teacher lesson plan