This I Am Unique! Making Self-Portraits lesson plan also includes:
You are special and unlike anyone else in the world! Help young artists express their unique identities with a self-portrait lesson that combines social and emotional learning with visual arts.
19 Views 9 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Host an art show in which parents and other classes can see student self-portraits
- Use the lesson at the beginning of the school year as an icebreaker activity
- Requires examples of famous self-portraits from art history, though you could use student examples from past projects
- Emphasizes that all pieces of art, just like all people, are unique
- Allows learners to express their creativity with an open-ended assignment and a variety of art materials