This Hygiene for Horror lesson plan also includes:
Over the course of only three years, the plague killed between 75-200 million people in Europe. To begin the activity, the class reads about and discusses life during the Middle Ages and the plague. Based on discussions, teams develop a plan that may have slowed the spread of the plague. These practices are then applied to modern times in areas of poverty around the world.
- Work with social studies teachers to utilize the activity during their unit on the Middle Ages for a cross-curricular lesson
- May want to transfer overheads to computer documents to project using PowerPoint instead
- Activity involves quite a bit of reading; place learners in groups accordingly and differentiate articles as needed
- Scholars may not possess knowledge on the Black Plague or the Middle Ages, in which case, the activity may take longer
- Includes all handouts and readings
- Provides a great assessment about the teen ages and a follow-through activity