This How to Become President of the U.S. Poster Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
While they may not be old enough to vote in a national election, youngsters can learn about the political process that details how to become President of the United States. After studying an infographic that outlines the steps, class members research a candidate, take part in a mock primary election, create their own campaign commercial or advertisement, and then stage a mock general election.
- Download, enlarge, and post the infographic
- Requires class members to have computers with internet access
- Set aside extra prep time to create the list of people for the class to research
- The resource is divided into five parts: Constitutional Qualifications for President; Primaries and Caucuses; National Conventions and Campaigning; The General Election; and the Electoral College
- Includes a link that students can use to talk with a live USA government agent
- The activities lead learners through the entire process