This How Tiger Got His Stripes: A Folktale from Vietnam (Kindergarten) lesson plan also includes:
Differentiate English language arts instruction with a instructional activity that features the Vietnamese folktale How Tiger Got His Stripes. Scholars examine words that begin with the letter t, recall a folktale's details, write a self-reflection, and explore the character traits caring, courage, and fairness.
- Invite parents and guardians to assist small groups the day instruction takes place
- Locate Vietnam on a map, and show real-life pictures to create a more concrete concept for the lesson
- Keep an eye for examples of courage, fairness, and caring; reward those that exhibit positive character traits as you see fit
- Requires a copy of the folktale, How Tiger Got His Stripes, for very class member taking part in the lesson
- Includes teaching ideas for differentiation using three learning groups
- Provides a science-related extension activity to continue the learning process