This How Tall Am I? lesson plan also includes:
Which method results in a better estimate of the height? Using different methods, groups estimate the height of three objects on campus. They record their measurements and any necessary computations and compare them to the actual heights of the objects.
- Investigate other methods to find heights of objects such as those listed here
- Review finding a missing side of a right triangle using trigonometric ratios
- Individuals should be familiar with trigonometric ratios
- Provides a template and directions on how to build a clinometer
- Includes a list of misconceptions that may occur during the lesson
- The lesson does not provide the thumb height nor the between-the-legs height rules