This How Natural Areas Filter Water lesson plan also includes:
Often called the gift of nature, water is a valuable natural resource. A creative lesson examines the importance of water quality for both humans and agriculture. Scholars learn to view natural areas as filters for rainwater. They conduct an experiment to compare the effectiveness of these natural areas to manmade areas such as pavement.
- Take a tour, either real or virtual, of a water treatment plant
- You will need to prepare an extensive list of materials prior to the lesson
- Expects a fundamental understanding of the water cycle
- Provides local connections to increase motivation
- Includes a list of important background vocabulary