This How Much Proof Do We Need? lesson plan also includes:
Are two angles enough? Given two triangles, the class determines through the definition of similarity and transformations whether the two triangles are similar. Provided with pairs of triangles and measurements, small groups find out whether there is enough information to show the triangles are similar.
- Ask the class to describe the transformations that would show the two triangles are similar in the independent exercises
- Individuals need access to rulers and protractors
- The teacher should set up two similar triangles to present to the class using GeoGebra or another dynamic geometry software
- Includes a PowerPoint presentation to help guide the learning process
- Contains instructions on using GeoGebra
- Provides suggested completion time for each segment of the lesson