This How Might Global Warming Affect Your Community? activity & project also includes:
What effects will global warming have on your community? This last installment of a six-part series focuses on the effects that global warming may have on a community. Brainstorming and discussion allow groups to independently develop ideas about the possible effects of global warming, and the included reading passage can be used to develop these ideas further.
- Find an Internet source that shows projected climates based on computer models
- The lesson assumes some prior knowledge, such as the North Atlantic Deep Water
- The treatment of contradictory effects (warming effects vs. cooling effects) is respectful
- Learners must use higher-order thinking skills to design a project
- Directions reference an EarthComm website and notebook, but no link is given
- Document permissions do not allow for printing